The Acadiana Adventure 400
“The Bonnie & Clyde”
September 23-24, 2017
ADR Adventure Ride Forum (Registered riders go here!)
Contact: Gene Stelly – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 400 miles of scenic forest roads, back roads, gravel and unimproved roads.
- Staging area is Cotile Lake Recreation Area – Boyce, LA 71409.
- T-shirts for all entries
- Lunch provided on both days.
- Supper Saturday night.
- All registrants who are AMA members will be entered in AMA’s drawing for a free entry in the 15th Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally to take place in 2018! More info here and here.
- This is a self-guided tour.
- Navigation is by roll chart and/or GPS file (available to pre-entries only, one week prior to event).
- Club members available to escort riders not familiar with roll-chart navigation.
- Cut outs available to shorten ride, if so desired.
- Obey all speed limits!
- Ride at your own risk.
- Event is rain or shine.
- 2-Day – Rider: $120.00; Passenger: $40.00
- 1-Day – $80.00 (includes Sat. night supper, lunch and t-shirt)
- Bikes must be street legal, with license plate and insurance.
- All dualsport and adventure bikes can ride.
- 100 miles between gas stops.
- Gas available every 50 miles for smaller dualsport bikes (bring your own can).
- Roads can vary from tight to loose gravel, fluffy to hard-packed sand/clay to slippery clay.
- Reccommended: new, aggressive DOT tires minimum 40/60 or 20/80 (preferably 10/90, i.e. Dunlop 606 or Pirelli MT21).
- Designated Forest Service bike / 4-wheeler trails.
- Bikes must have an USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Do not ride alone. You may need help to pick up your bike (i.e. – larger adventure bikes)
- Forest Service day permit required. If you plan to ride the Hero sections, please check off on the entry so we can acquire your permits.
- Tent and RV sites are available at the staging area (Cotile Lake Recreation Area – 75 Cotile Lake Rd, Boyce, LA 71409. Ph# 318-793-8995).
- You are responsible for your own camping fees.
- Reservations are recommended. There are very few pull-thru sites.
- Website: http://rppj.com/cotile-lake-recreation
- Campground map
- 5 Hotels are located 15 miles away on I-49, Exit 90 (reservations recommended).
- Hotel info / map
- Online: 09/21/2017; after that, pay at event.
- Opens May 3, 2017.
- Click here for Online Registration
- Click here for Mail-in Registration Form (mail-in deadline is September 8, 2017
- Friday evening: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday morning: 6:00 am – 8:00 am
- Street legal bike
- Roll chart holder – Moose/MSR side-load recommended
- Aggressive tires
- Spark arrestor (Hero sections)
- Hero permit (check box on sign-up form)
- Gas can (full) for gas available if you can’t make 100 miles.
- Lodging reservations