The Adventure Ride roll charts and GPS files will be available to pre-entered riders by Sunday after 6:00 pm. Registered riders need to sign up as a user on the ADR Adventure Ride forum to access this information at:
The Acadiana Adventure 400
September 24-25, 2016
ADR Adventure Ride Forum (Registered riders go here!)
Photos of some of the route
Contact: Gene Stelly – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 400 miles of scenic forest roads, back roads, gravel and unimproved roads.
- Staging area is Cotile Lake Recreation Area – Boyce, LA 71409.
- T-shirts for all entries
- Lunch provided on both days.
- Supper Saturday night – Cajun Jambalaya
- All registrants who are AMA members will be entered in AMA’s drawing for a 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere Adventure motorcycle! Each time you sign up for an AMA National Adventure Riding event, you get another chance to win. More info here and here.
- This is a self-guided tour.
- Navigation is by roll chart and/or GPS file (available to pre-entries only, one week prior to event).
- Cut outs available to shorten ride, if so desired.
- Obey all speed limits!
- Ride at your own risk.
- Event is rain or shine – no refunds.
- Event is limited to 100 riders.
- Rider: $120.00
- Passenger: $40.00
- Bikes must be street legal, with license plate and insurance.
- All dualsport and adventure bikes can ride.
- Bikes must be able to travel 100 miles between gas stops.
- Roads can vary from tight to loose gravel, fluffy to hard-packed sand/clay to slippery clay.
- Reccommended: new, aggressive DOT tires minimum 40/60 up to 20/80.
- Designated Forest Service bike / 4-wheeler trails
- Bikes must have an USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Do not ride alone. You may need help to pick up your bike (i.e. – larger adventure bikes)
- Forest Service day permit required. If you plan to ride the Hero sections, please check off on the entry so we can acquire your permits.
- 5 Hotels are located 15 miles away on I-49, Exit 90 (reservations recommended).
- Hotel info / map
- Friday evening: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday morning: 6:00 am – 8:00 am
- Street legal bike
- Roll chart holder
- Aggressive tires
- Spark arrestor (Hero sections)
- Hero permit (check box on sign-up form)
- Lodging reservations
ADR Adventure Ride Forum
AMA Adventure Ride Series
Online registration for The Acadiana Adventure 400 slated for Sept 24-25, 2016, is up and running! Sign up here.
ADR is excited that our 2016 Acadiana 400 Adventure Ride event has been added to the 2016 AMA/Yamaha Nat’l Adventure Ride Series calendar.
Complete information on the ride can be found here.
Here’s the 2016 Adventure Ride Flyer